The China-LAC Summit is a yearly event organized by the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB).
Uruguay is honored to host and organize the 11th edition of the summit to take place in the city of Punta del Este. Such honor is token of the long-standing trust and understanding that exists between the two nations.
Since its creation in 2007, China–LAC is the most important entrepreneurial event between companies from China and the Latin American and Caribbean countries.
The initiative is part of China’s 2015-2019 Cooperation Plan for Latin America, promoted by the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC).
China – LAC 2017 will bring together five hundred companies from different sectors and industries in China, Latin America and the Caribbean, with the objective of strengthening business relations through commercial exchange.
● Growth rates significantly higher than the world’s average.
● Among the world’s main exporters and importers of goods.
● Strengthened middle class.
● Key partner for promoting worldwide trade.
● Great opportunities for complementarity.
● Because it is one of the regions with the most dynamic economy in the world.
● Because there are over 600 million consumers in the region.
● Because this area represents an important reserve of energy and minerals, and it includes the world’s main exporters of food products.
● Uruguay is a reliable partner for the organization of large-scale events, seminars and conferences.
● Uruguay offers top-level security, professionals and services.
● An excellent infrastructure available in the city of Punta del Este, ideal for convention-related tourism.
● Wide range of hotels and distinguished international cuisine.
● A perfect context for events, conferences and seminars of significant scale.
● Top-level security, professionals and services.
● State-of-the-art technology.
China – LAC has become a natural context for the reinforcement of trade relations and investment opportunities between China and Latin America and the Caribbean. This space was conceived for facilitating the generation and consolidation of strategic business bonds with top-of-the-line entrepreneurs. View Agenda
New vision of China-LAC partnership in the context of belt and road initiatives.
China-LAC infrastructure development and cooperation.
Clean, renewable energy and sustainable cities.
E-Commerce boosts the trade between China and LAC.
Free Trade Zones.